15 November 2004

11,111 wds.

I thought this would be a momentous occasion to take stock (11,111 words). I haven't worked on the novel much this week. There are many reasons and this journal really isn't the outlet to talk about those things, as I prefer to deal with the novel and my writing insights. In a nut shell I've had a film project that has required much of my attention and I'm having trouble finding working space.
In a way I've simply passed over week two, slept through it if you will, and avoided all the blues associated with the second week. Of course, I'm woefully behind in word count, but I pretty much have nothing going on for the rest of November, so I can catch up if I work hard.
Where am I supposed to be? Half way done: 25,000 words. I'm about 13,000 words short right now. Which, over 15 days (the number left), isn't too bad if I write and extra 1,000 words per day. No problem.
Let's see where I report in at tonight.

No comments: