01 November 2004

1,951 wds.

This morning I plugged away for another 914 words. I did the math, and 50,000 words in 30 days works out to be 1,666.6 words per day. Which if you don't suffer from writer's block is only two solid hours of writing, or maybe even less.
Thus far the writing has been pretty average. I realize that my main character is a drab bore and not someone I really want to write about. With the frenzied pace I'll fix him as I go along and get back to editing him in the beginning sometime in December when I'm working on my crappy screenplay.
Then as usual I've discovered some nice surprises, an interesting character, a conflict I hadn't conceived of, a good passage. Stellar stuff.

1 comment:

ThePlanetMike said...

Welcome to the blogging community, Ryan. And congrats on your first 1000 words!