15 December 2004

Chemical deficiencies

I think I have a chemical deficiency in my brain. I can't hold still, I can't concentrate on anything for more than twenty minutes, and I have thousands of thing I want to do, which means on any given day there are at least five very important things to do, which completely overwhelm me. I then put them all off until eight p.m. where I finally complete one thing and go out drinking.
There's an adage that says if you want to get something done, ask a busy person to do it. Which is why when you have all day to do something you tend to make a large breakfast, pot of coffee, shower, organize your sock drawer, watch TV, make a list of things to do, and then maybe, get to work on that thing you have to do, but if you're me, you most likely watch more TV, drink more coffee, go run an errand, organize your MP3 collection, check e-mail, go grocery shopping and make a killer afternoon snack.
I've always thought that the ony thing that separates ordinary people from highly successful people is discipline and hard work. Although the highly successful people probably didn't see the OT game between the Lakers and the Heat.

No comments: